If you are like most people, you have at one time or another heard a friend, family member or colleague say that the lease deal they just got was “such a good deal.” You then wondered if you should lease your next car. But leasing seems so complicated, right? The terminology is confusing. Money factor, residual value, lease term, lease disposition fee, drive off, mileage allowance…and the list goes on. You have to learn a whole new vocabulary in order to intelligently navigate the lease option. Most people go back to what they know – and purchase their car – losing out on the perks of leasing. Roadster aims to change your mind about leasing. The two main benefits of leasing are upfront money savings and increased flexibility. Here’s how leasing gives you these benefits:
- You only pay the expected depreciation on the car plus interest and sales tax on your monthly payments.
- You do NOT pay any sales tax on the residual value of the car (unless you choose to purchase it at the end of your lease). This alone can save you thousands of dollars.
- You have great flexibility as vehicle technology rapidly changes.
- You can upgrade your vehicle every 2–4 years, depending on your lease duration.
- If you don’t own the car, you won’t suffer from any collision-caused devaluation (a bad Carfax report, for example).
Once you decide that leasing is right for you, how do you determine if a lease deal is a good one? Roadster is your answer. We felt that traditional leasing programs needed more transparency so we devised a new leasing offering called Roadster Leases. By breaking down leases and comparing them apples to apples across the same terms, we can very clearly show which leases are the best deals. With easy-to-understand lease terminology definitions and full transparency across each element that comprises a lease, you will no longer feel like leasing is a mystery. In an up-front manner, Roadster presents every cost you will incur, down to the very last penny. No games, no surprises.
As shown below, in the small SUV category, comparably equipped vehicles with nearly the same MSRP value can have dramatically different monthly payments. For a 3-year lease, a 12,000 mile annual allowance, and a $3,500 drive-off amount, four vehicles between $24,000 and $25,000 MSRP can range from $149.78/month to $239.94/month!
Why the wide range? Because of 4 main factors:
- The negotiable purchase price of the vehicle, which is driven by supply and demand
- Manufacturer rebates
- The money factor/APR (financing rate)
- The non-negotiable residual value of the vehicle
Many dealerships will mark-up or pad the money factor they are charging you, but with Roadster, we give you the lowest rate you can get from the manufacturer, the buy-rate.
Don’t be intimidated by leasing! Let Roadster help you get the car you want at a great deal. When you are ready to lease or buy your next car, simply go to Roadster.com or call (877) 771-9105 and talk to one of our representatives.